My friends…we are very excited to offer to the community of divers here at FCD this wonderful dive vacation to the beautiful island of Grand Cayman. For this adventure we have partnered with Compass Point Resort and their on-site concierge dive operator Ocean Frontiers.
First off…the important stuff. THE BEAUTIFUL DIVING IN GRAND CAYMAN! Certainly, recognized as one of the premier dive destinations in all the Caribbean. Beautiful reefs and walls await with abundant marine life and healthy & colorful corals. We are surely to be amazed with all the wonderful sites and interactions we are going to experience. And as a bonus, we will be diving the world-famous wreck of the USS Kittiwake.
Your personal invitation from Dan...
Ocean Frontiers is their on-site dive operator. Their Concierge Service starts from the moment you arrive. They have a full gear handling system where they set up your equipment and help you get properly weighted. Their custom-built dive boats, are designed by divers for divers, offering a luxurious diving experience.
On board, their boats are all the extras and comforts that you need along with the safety necessities. No detail has been overlooked with save-a-dive-kits, extra equipment, fish ID books, defog, sea-safe suntan lotion, fresh towels, freshwater showers, dry storage, comfortable and spacious seating, towels, snacks and filtered drinking water. At the end of your dive day, they freshwater rinse your equipment and safely store it for you to dry.
The next dive day, it is set up on the boat and ready for diving. There is no need to lug your equipment back and forth or walk around the boat with your equipment on.
Ocean Frontiers offers a full secure drying and storage area where you will be issued with your own crate and cubby. With all that…we are surely going to be well taken care of.
Compass Point Dive Resort will be our host. There are several great things about Compass Point. First off…their location puts you on vacation the minute you enter the sleepy village of East End. This district oozes a ‘kick back and relax style atmosphere’ so much so that even the locals call it the ‘Caribbean side’ of the island.
The East End of Grand Cayman is a beacon to those tourists who want to step off the beaten path and leave the hustle and bustle behind. Here you will enjoy untouched beauty, endless ocean views, and dive into world-class SCUBA Diving, offering warm, clear Caribbean waters, teeming with marine life, and offering pristine reefs. Their dive boats depart from your doorstep every day. Roll out of bed and onto the waiting dive boat, no transport is required. The best of both worlds: Live-A-Board style diving at a land-based diving resort. The East End is your own adventure
And all the “rooms” are actually fully furnished and equipped Conds (fully equipped kitchens and washers & dryers). A true home away from home. And because Compass Point is located on the East End, every couple will have a rental car waiting on them at the Airport for you to enjoy while on Grand Cayman. This way you have full freedom to shop and explore at your own pace. And feel free to go by the local grocery store to stock up your kitchen.
We have reserved 8 of their 1-bedroom Oceanfront condos, 2 of their 1-bedroom Poolside condos, and 3 of their 2-bedroom Oceanfront condos. It is first-come-first-serve in regard to availability. The 2-bedroom units are perfect for singles traveling together or for family/friends that want to save money by sharing it Quad occupancy. Also…the 1-bedroom units do have Murphy beds in them so you can do a Triple occupancy in those as well.
Quick note concerning the air travel and arrival: This trip does not include airfare but it is still pretty inexpensive to fly to Grand Cayman. All the major airlines fly into Georgetown. But…we are going to designate a special air itinerary so people can have their luggage transported separately to the resort (instead of loading the bags into your rental car). The resort offers this only for groups arriving together, on one flight only. So…if you wish to take advantage of this…please wait to buy your airfare until we designate this special air itinerary.
Be one of the first 12 people to sign-up and receive the Nitrox upgrade FREE OF CHARGE (13 tanks max)
We are taking a max of 26 people (non-divers included) so don’t wait…sign up today to secure your spot!
Watch the Full Video
1-Bedroom Beachfront/Poolside Condos
• $2099 per person / double occupancy
• $1849 per person / triple occupancy
2-Bedroom Beachfront Condos
• $2399 per person / double occupancy
• $1849 per person / quad occupancy
Non-Divers: Please deduct $695
• $500 Non-Refundable Deposit / Per Person Due at Booking
• $500 Payment Due Sept 1, 2023
• $500 Payment Due Dec 1, 2023
• Balance Due March 1, 2024
• 7-night oceanfront/poolside in fully equipped condo accommodations
• 5 days of 2-tank boat dives w/ valet dive service
• 1 day 3-tank dive Safari including a dive on the Kittiwake (weather permitting)
• 13 BOAT DIVES TOTAL
• Early Divers Breakfast every morning
• Welcome cocktail & gift
• Rental Car with every condo ***
• Free WiFi throughout the resort
• Free use of kayaks, paddleboards & bicycles at the resort
• Unlimited access to the resort private beach and swimming pools
***Rental cars. Guests are responsible to pay for car insurance & government fees (approx. $43 per day) Guests are also responsible for their own fuel.
What’s Not Included
• Airfare. All major airlines have multiple daily flights into Georgetown and are inexpensive.
• Lunch & Dinners at the resort restaurant
• Non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages at the resort bar
• Additional dive trips to include night dives are available for an additional cost
• Nitrox is not included but available for an upcharge (must be nitrox certified)
• Tips for your dive crew
• Presently, there is no COVID Vaccination requirement to travel to Grand Cayman
• Presently, there is no pre-trip COVID-19 test required
• As with all our trips, we highly encourage our trip participants to purchase their own travel/trip insurance. We suggest either D.A.N. or DiveAssure
• All trip participants (divers only) are required to have their own personal Diver Supplemental Insurance. Again, we suggest either D.A.N. or DiveAssure.
Click each image below to download and view the virtual tour.